Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Table Talk Tuesday - Salads

WOO WOO!! Tuesday!!


On my instagram storeis lately, I have been 
sharing pictures of all the different salad creations I have been 
eating!


In the summer..well almost all year round,
I LOVE salads.

I love the freshness, flavor and million ways you can dress a salad.

From steak to chicken to shrimp...

You can add ANYTHING to a salad!

Here are a few tips for yummy salads.

1. ALWAYS buy the heads of lettuce.
The bagged salad goes bad FAST!

2. When you get home wash your heads of 
lettuce and chop them up!
I clean, chop and store mine
so I have it fresh on hand all week long!

3. Remember your lettuce is in the fridge :)

4. Make extra protein to have on hand during the week
so you can add some to your mix.

5. Be sure to create a colorful salad.
Cut up carrots, radishes, red onion, cucumber.
Add whatever you have on had to make your salad FULL!

6. Don't too much of the "bad stuff".
Be cautious of the amount of dairy and sugars you add.
I have been sprinkling fat free Feta on mine lately.
I used to love croutons but I have been finding other ways to 
add that "crunch" to my salads.

7. Find a healthy dressing. 
Since I can remember my go to dressing is this...
Olive oil & Balsamic Vinegar.
Simple.
Lately I have been using Avocado Oil instead and 
I actually enjoy it more!

8. You don't want a side of salad with your dressing.
You want a side of dressing with your salad.
Right E? :)

Don't let yourself think salads are boring!
THEY ARE NOT!!

Find what you love and enjoy and ADD IT!

Simple as that.

I created THREE salads lately that I am obsessed with.


1.
I cut up some left over flank steak and added it to my greens!
Topped with feta & red onion.
I drizzled my avocado oil & balsamic to finish this off.



2.
I cooked up two chicken breasts on the stove.
For the last 3-4 minutes they were cooking, I turned the heat to low simmer
and topped them with a cranberry poppyseed dressing.
I finished the salad with again feta and red onion.
The drizzle was a touch more of the cranberry poppyseed dressing!



3.
This was a beauty!
I was going to get a pre made salad from Mariano's
but I was not feeling their lettuce.
SO I stopped by the meat counter and picked up one 
of our favorites!
A buffalo chicken patty.
Pat grilled it up for me in a little coconut oil to give the 
outer layer a great CRUNCH!
Meanwhile, I julienned some carrots and red onions.
I sliced up a tomato from our garden and made those into halves.
Final touch was a little feta and a drizzle of avocado oil!


DELICIOUS!!

Am I right?


I hope I was able to give you some GREAT tips for your salads!!

Happy Eating!

See you tomorrow for a FULL recap of our Door County trip.

xo




2 comments :

  1. Such good tips! I need to start eating more salads and these make me hungry for them!

    Happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer and grilling always get my salad taste buds popping! Thanks for stopping by :)

      xo

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016