Monday, April 10, 2017

Weekend Recap- Spring Time Ediition

Hello hello! Well here are we back at it on this gloomy Monday! Rain is in the forecast all week on and off and UGHHH I do not like it one bit! 1. Because I am not a fan of rain at all. I don't like driving in it and it makes my hair all wavy and frizzy lol 2. The CUBS!!!!!! The Cubs have their home opener tonight and ring ceremony Wednesday so I hoping and praying the rain is CLEAR for tonight and Wednesday :)

We had no rain this weekend, so here is a little recap! (I once again FAILED taking lots of pics! I am still getting used to snapping pics during weekend time!)

Friday
I was home and in the door by 345!!! This RARELY happens and lately I am trying to get home at a decent time and leave work at work and focus on our home and meals together!

We headed to the gym to get a quick little work out in!

Pat had a pasta party for Water Polo so he was out and I started 13 Reasons Why on Netflix.
Now all the kids at school have been bugging me and asking if I had started it yet. Friday evening called for a good time to start! 


(I have a little over 4 episodes left before I am done. I took one episode at a time giving myself mental breaks in between.) It is a pretty heavy show to watch all 13 episodes at once, so I broke it down over the weekend.

I watched and graded all Friday night! Easy and relaxing night staying in :)

Saturday 
Was ALL THE WATER POLO for Pat! He was up and out early for their tournament! 

I woke up and of course the cooking shows were calling me.
I made cinnamon spice oatmeal from Trader Joes, and added some almond butter and sliced bananas to the mix! I am normally not a huge oatmeal fan but this was Good!



I then headed to the Fremd Craft Fair with my mom! We are two peas in a pod when it comes to shopping! We had the best time. We both looked at the 31 bags and decided we are going to host a party! WOO! So be on the lookout soon for that. 
ALSO for months and months I have BEGGED my mom to help me find this meat browning tool. She said she would have to find a pampered chef rep to order me one! I couldn't find one anywhere I looked. 
ANDDD guess what we stumbled upon at the craft fair!?!?!? A pampered chef rep!!!! I was OVER THE MOON excited! I picked up my browner and a few other trinkets for my kitchen!


We both stopped a cute boutique booth and grabbed cute spring tops!
We got some lunch and then headed home for of course more 13 reasons Why.
Pat and I decided to try Ciao Baby in downtown Barrington for dinner and here are my thoughts on the place!
1. Cute little restaurant that has a cafe feeling.
2. Good bread, dipping sauce and salad to start!
3.Service was just OK. Blahh to say the least.
4. My dish was great but Pat's was just OK as well.
Don't know if we will go back but it was yummy for the night!




We picked up a redbox and headed home!
SO we picked up MoonLight thinking it would be worth our time since it won best supporting actor and best film, but we were disappointed. The movie started slow and was not what we thought it would be. Just not a movie for us.



SUNDAY
Slept in, watched Fixer Upper and made breakfast to start this warm and sunny day :)


Got some more 13 reasons in and then we headed out on our bikes around town,
We road all over talking and looking different types and styles of homes! 
(Probably due to all the HGTV I make Pat watch LOL)
It was beautiful, warm and windy!

A nice little ride around town to get us out to enjoy the weather!

Lunch and of course more 13!
Then Costco and Trader Joe's were calling our name for some easy weekly shopping.
We LOVE the rotisserie chicken from Costco. It is such a good price and you get so much chicken for the week!
Well yesterday they were OUT of chickens! I was so sad until Pat told me their was only 6 minutes left on the cooking time. So we saw one person and decided to finish our shopping then head back. WELL when we got back there was A LONG LINE forming. We were dying over this. People were picking up 1, 2 chickens to take with them. HILARIOUS!!! Just chicken at Costco!



We picked ours up and headed to Pat's parents for a cook out! 
We sat outside and enjoyed GREAT food with a side of wind ;) LOL
Family walk was up next and then we headed home to get ready for the week.

We had a fabulous, busy and relaxing weekend! We both cherish our time together on the weekends. Cooking and relaxing together!

Next weekend is a 4 day weekend for me and a 3 day weekend for Pat! Can I get an AMEN!!!
Easter Celebrations and family gatherings are on the agenda! 

Have a wonderful week and GO CUBS GO!

xo





2 comments :

  1. Highlight of the weekend could have very well been the meat browner 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE BEST!!! I highly recommend it to others :)
      Happy Monday!
      xo

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016