Thursday, April 20, 2017

Whole 30- Beginning stages

Thursday. Nice to see you :)

Today  I am going to share a little about this hot topic...

Whole 30.



Now PSA here.... I am in just the beginning stages of mentally and emotionally getting myself ready to start this whole 30 journey.

Few reasons why Whole 30:

1. Clean Eating
2. New Recipes
3. I can do it

Why emotionally preparing? I have to say goodbye to some of my most BELOVED food and drink items.

1. No Peanut butter
2. No chocolate 
3. No cheese
4. No carbs
5. No wine.... NO WINE!

Jen Hatmaker who is by far one of the best authors, women powered people I followed posted this on her facebook last week:

"This is not hard. Having cancer is hard, losing a loved one is hard. No cream in your coffee? That is not HARD!"

Amen.

What she is saying is beyond True.
It isn't hard. It will be different and new and trying. But Whole 30 is not hard.

Now coming from the MOST dramatic person I know... (myself)
I probably will say this is hard. But I will turn to Jen's quote every time I say it is hard.

Now of course I have done my research. Two of my friends have recently done Whole 30, and one has even done it TWICE!!!
So they have been great resources.

I also have stumbled upon cook books, blogs and instagram accounts that have been powering me try new recipes. 

Even this week I made a cauliflower fried rice with veggies!
Pat and I both LOVED it!!! 
(recipe next Tuesday) 




1. Danielle Walker 
Against The Grain Cookbook

I have found so many YUMMY things I want try! Homemade ranch? Sign me up!




2. The Whole 30 recipes Instagram account 




3. Alex 
The Defined Dish- blog 







Just a little insight to what my brain and tummy have been busy with this week :)
See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites!!!

xo


2 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016