Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Table Talk Tuesday

Ahh Tuesday. Nice to see you. Anyone else feel like Tuesday's are a much bigger struggle than Monday's? 
#needsleep.

This was me this morning.



Today I am starting my weekly posts about the best thing ever: food. 

When it comes to meals, busy life doesn't give you much time to shop,prep,cook and eat all in one. On Tuesdays I will be sharing recipes and tips & tricks to help you get that meal on the table at the end of the day to share with your loved ones. 

So for today, I am sharing a recipe I recently found and have fallen in love with. It is SUPER easy, affordable and delicious. 

I started following a few blogs about a year ago. I kept coming back because the blogs were real and had so much to offer. 

Shay Shull is the author of the blog Mix and Match Mama. And let me tell you she owns it with the recipes. She has great desserts and main dishes that I have fallen in love with! 

Pat and I LOVE her Buffalo Joes recipe and we have made it so many times over the past months. But the last time we made it, it was just off-- still yummy but not on point. 

This week Pat and I collaborated and altered the recipe to fit our taste buds and tummies :) I linked Shay's above for you take a look at as well.

Here is OUR version.

Shopping list: 
1/2 lb ground chicken
1/2 lb ground veal 
1/2 C. Buffalo sauce (we used sweet baby rays) 
8 ounces of tomato sauce 
1/4 cup cholula sauce
Chopped green onion
Blue cheese or Feta crumbles  (I refer Blue, Pat prefers feta!)
4 rolls.


1. In your frying pan, brown the veal and chicken together. Add a little S&P to give the meat some flavor.



2. Drain the grease.
3. Add in your tomato sauce, buffalo sauce, and cholula sauce. Keep your heat on medium-high to let some of the liquid evaporate. 


4. Chop up some green onion to garnish on top.
5. Toast your buns to give your bread a little extra CRUNCH! (we bought fresh rolls from the polish store.. umm hello yum!)
6. Scoop a LARGE amount of the meat mixture on to your bun. Add your favorite crumbles of cheese and green onion.
7. Serve 



I give Pat all the credit for these two pictures :) He is MUCH better at staging than me! #teamwork 


Sidenote: you could absolutely add a veggie or starch as a side for this meal.

Leftover chicken? Create an appetizer or buffalo chicken salad for a work lunch :) 


In Chicago lately the weather has been OFF to say the least. Whether you are in the sun, snow, or rain, make something yummy, warm and satisfying tonight for dinner.


"I get way too much happiness from good food." ~ Elizabeth Olsen 


See you back here tomorrow for my thoughts and insights on this weeks episode of The Bachelor. 





1 comment :

  1. Excellent and easy meal! Thanks for the share. Will be making more of these soon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016