Monday, January 23, 2017

Weekend Recap- Last Cheer Competition of the Season Edition



Oh Monday... How you sneak up so fast!

Hello friends! I am so happy to be here sharing a little insight to my weekend! It was a whirlwind filled with yummy food, cheerleading and catching up on sleep :)

FRIDAY- or in a teachers world Fri-YAY.

Friday I had cheer practice until 530. It was the LAST day of our full week practices for the year! It is crazy how fast this year has flown with a new job and a new coaching opportunity!

When I got home, I asked my favorite question ever to Pat "What do you want for dinner?"
UGH DINNER ON A FRIDAY?? Why why why.... We try make weekends easy with shopping and buying food. We are so busy that Friday nights tend to be a night where we eat out at one of our favorites. And of course we settled for Portillos. How could you go wrong? I got a chicken sandwich and Pat got the chopped salad (a MUST)  BUT added Feta instead of the blue cheese and I have to say it was  a HIT!! #allthecheese
After dinner we went home, and watched TRIPLE D!! aka Diners, Drive Ins and Dives! Another favorite. If we had all the time and money in the world, we would spend our lives traveling and eating at these places!! #foodies We didn't stay up late, so we watched a little and then headed off to bed!
On Saturday, I spent some time at school organizing my classroom and making copies! I teach about 38 minutes away from Palatine [yes its exactly 38 minutes :) ] so with cheerleading coming to an end I have some more free time to get curriculum and copies in order!

Pat was busy working the table at the high school, for the boys swim meet so we were out and about in 56 DEGREE WEATHER IN JANUARY!!! #wheresthesnow #needit  We have had CRAZY temps here the past week and Saturday was unreal!! 
Saturday night was low key- I had to be up early for a cheer competition so I did what I do best- relax :)

With cheerleading SLOWING down, getting back to gym is a priority for me, but how could I pass up pizza and wine?
I was flipping through the channels and my ALL TIME favorite movie was on. The Parent Trap. Not the original but the Lohan edition. I remember seeing this movie for the first time. ...My neighbor Mrs. Ruder took a bunch of us kids to go see it and the tickets were SOLD OUT! UGH! As a 7 year old my dreams were crushed!! But if you know Mrs. R at all, she makes everything happen. We had gotten tickets for Zoro... (like why do I remember this) but she snuck us into The Parent Trap and it was just the BEST!! 
I sat on the couch quoting this movie all night long!! So many childhood memories tied to it- Like forcing my friends to play the poker scene with bottles of nail polish and coins. LOL 
"Peppermint & Pipe Tobacco"

The scene where "Here Comes The Sun" Plays :)

A classic~ No doubt!!
Ok this scene...... EVERY time I watch this scene, Im all like WHY!! Why the top hat?? UGH!! I have NEVER liked Elizabeth James pick for the hat... smh!!
AND THIS SCENE! Meredith Blake.... #truediva Anyways, this scene KILLS me. When she talks about her first "Beau" when I was younger I always thought she meant a hair bow 😂

SIDENOTE- if you know anything about The Parent Trap, you would know that Meredith Blake's mother in the 90's film, played the OG (original) Meredith Blake in the original from 1961.

So I relaxed, enjoyed a favorite and off to bed I went before an early wake up time!


SUNDAY! Was sure as heck busy! I was up at 630 to make it to Hampshire by 745. We were competing down the road at Huntley but wanted to get there so the girls could relax and get ready! 

We took the floor at 928 and the girls had an amazing routine! I coached JV this year, and I could not have been prouder of them! We placed top 5 in all four competitions. They have such amazing skills and they pushed themselves all season long to achieve success #happycoach 
 

#allthefeels :)

HHS JV CHEER

How cute are these?? The Varsity team parents made the girls these signs and they even included the coaches!!
I have to say working out in Hampshire, the people are so kind and generous. I felt very welcome from day 1 out there!

AFTER a HUGE success for both teams, ( our Varsity took 4th in their division) I hustled home for a birthday dinner!
Pat's mom turned the big 5-0 this weekend and a celebration was in order :)
At the Polish restaurant of course!!



YALL!!! I had the Pork Goulash and it was to DIE for!! Basically like a pork stew over potato pancakes with green onion and cheese. BLESS.


After dinner we hung out with family for a bit then came home. Pat is off today so I took a day as well. We spent almost two hours on our couch in the quiet just talking about life. It was quite relaxing. 

Since we are off today we have decided that today is the most PERFECT day to de-christmas our home :) Yes yes, it is January 23rd almost a month after. Coaching, teaching, weddings and life have been in the way so now after the hustle and bustle of January it all comes down. I am most DEF not one of those people that takes it all down on Dec 26. Maybe I get this from my mom ;) Maybe its just the atmosphere the holiday brings, that I never want it to end.



Well I can't leave Pat to handle this all on his own, so I am off! See you back here tomorrow with one of my favorite recipes.

PS! Don't forget tonight Nick and the ladies are at it again on The Bachelor! I will be back tomorrow with the FULL low down on all the shenanigans. 


























No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016