Thursday, January 26, 2017

Warm & Cozy

Oh Thursday... You sly dog😜   Anyone else think of this when they hear that phrase? 
 #mychildhood

What a week it has been! I promised you a bachelor recap, so I am going to give you my insight on all these shenanigans before I start my post today. First off, I just don't know what to think of this season so far.... We know there always has to be a crazy girl #corinne. Then the sweetheart #daniellem. A sharkfin? #alexis a Russian Spy #kristina and of course the lady I PERSONALLY think will win :) #vanessa. SO much to recap and this episode took place in the city of.... wait for it.....


Milwaukee.

Like of all places.... As a true green bay fan at heart I'm all like YES, but as a viewer I'm all like uhhh what about Fiji?
ANYWHO! On this episode Danielle L got a one on one that I absolutely know it was stagged.. Like really your ex in the bakery you just happen to be walking past? #smh #abcyoucandobetter 

Then the group date. To sum it up: Corinne likes naps. Just like MJ and Lincoln right?

And then of course Raven also got the one on one. AND if you ask me, I thought the whole soccer game was awkward and weird. I DO NOT like when the ladies meet the parents before the final few episodes.  I thought the museum part was adorable though. That part of Milwaukee IS actually one of my favorites. Especially The Harbor House. BUT when Raven got into her ex-bf story I was all like.....

YALL!! 

Ok so OF COURSE ABC is making us wait ONCE again for the rose ceremony until next Monday. #notafan.




SO HERE IT IS!!!!! My post about everything I love that is warm and cozy :) If anyone knows me, they know that my best hobby is #relaxing under a blanket. I know, I know.... I sound lazy. But when you are up at 530 am every morning and at times not home until 9 pm, relaxing is a MUST! Here is what my relaxing looks like....

Anytime we are relaxing on the couch you can find us under this! 



This is our FAVORITE blanket EVER. It is from Costco and Pat and I fight over all the time. It is out of stock but here are a few more of my favs! 

Pat always says my body temperature is way OFF. I am either too hot or too cold. There is no in between. 

I HATE when I can feel my dry feet on our wood floors in the winter so here are my go-tos for my feet :)
(side note-- I have very deep blue veins on my feet so you will only see them covered or feet that are not mine)


These are my Carol Hochman socks I got for Christmas and I am 
OBSESSED!!! They come in a variety of colors and where else
 did I get them other than....  COSTCO
I was beyond lucky to score these UGG Ansley Slippers this christmas and I am obsessed. They tell you to go a size up and I do agree because they are TIGHT at the beginning. I of course went to Nordstrom :)
So if you happened to catch any of my pictures or selfies after Christmas two items appeared in those
QUITE frequently!
 Pat's parents gave the hat and scarf for Christmas and I wore both NON STOP from then on. The hat goes well with my short hair and obviously the scarf is a keeper too!
#selfiegamestrong







As you can see..... #obsessed
Due to the fact it is almost February both are out of stock. But here are some others very similar!
Pom-Pom Hat             Slouchy Hat 



Everyone needs a good robe. And I mean Everyone. During the holidays at the Barber house you can find at least one of us in a robe all day. This year it was the Cali man Kev. Probably because his blood didn't have enough time to adjust ;)
Mine is from Soma. The great thing about Soma is that they have SO many comfy clothes and jammies to choose from. And you wonder why I like that place....😝  The one I am wearing is a few years old but here is another VERY similar one they have! ROBE 


Now on to my TWO favorite sweaters of the season. One is a little pricey but an absolute #must. Also a great gift. And the other is my go to every day, butt covering sweater :) 

To begin with, I am FINALLY starting to realize why growing up my mother was obsessed and to this day still is with Nordstrom. I have recently become addicted as well. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing? #sorrypat

When I teach, I am all about EVERYTHING being covered. I also love sweaters with curved edges. Which I just noticed tonight both of my favs have! 

First up my Target go to. And are you shocked I said Target? A little history here... Target and I.. well we have a very complicated relationship. JUST ONCE I want to go in and come out with ONLY the items I needed!!! 

THIS IS ME!!!!!!!!!


Huge shoutout to my friend Lauren who was able to go in for JUST what she needed LAST NIGHT! Bless you.😍

PSSTTT MOM. I feel I look just like mom when she was my age here :) 
As you can see the sweater covers the butt. And I HAVE a butt. WIN.

I am just in love with the curved edges.. and of course it is from Target!


AND MY FINAL ITEM....

This is going to cost you. I say this because I love you all. I have this in graphite and stone. I swear and live my life by these sweaters. They are so soft, warm and versatile. Shay Shull refers to it as the 'Blardigan' and why you ask? Because it so DANG soft it feels like a blanket cardigan! SO let me tell you. Watch for those semi-annual sales and take advantage of Nordstrom's free shipping. These make GREAT gifts for any lady in your life. It is warm & comfy and that is what we all need. Warmth and comfort.

(For reference, I wear a large in both. I like the extra length since I am tall and they then cover everything ) 





That's a wrap for me! I hope you found something you can relate to or is on your need list now :) Don't hesitate to ask questions about any of my items. Like I said I am all about making life easy and simple.... and warm of course!

Tomorrow is FRIDAY and  I am linking up with a few blogs to share our favorites! 

Stay warm Chicago. Stay Sunny everywhere else (:






2 comments :

  1. Do the socks you have come in a men's design? Although I really wouldn't mind wearing even the ones you have in the pic. Love the post. #DaniellefortheW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those Shay Shull sweaters and just love it. They are soft, warm and just the right length. Check out Nordstrom Rack after season, you may just find one there. Carole Hochman socks a must have~

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016