Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Table Talk Tuesday- Italian

My goal for the year is to use my kitchen more. As January comes to an end I do have to say I was successful in that every week this month, I made at least 3 meals a week for us to enjoy. 

I have finally been looking through my cook books and finding some recipes I like, but noticed they weren't ones I was in love with. As a Family & Consumer Science teacher, my brain is always searching for recipes and creating recipes to my liking as well as Pats.

Last night I took a recipe from mix and match mama. I adore her meals and how she plans for the week. But I have noticed I like to make recipes my way and give them my own twist.

In need of some balance in the kitchen? Tired of wasting hours chopping and dicing? This recipe is for you :)
Here is my version of Pizza Meatballs.

~Side note this recipe took me around 40 min from the start to finish!

Shopping list:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound jimmy deans breakfast sausage (pork) -[ buy the 1 pound and freeze the other half for a relaxing Saturday breakfast.]
1/4 onion, chopped
2 eggs
2 T Italian seasoning
2-3 t minced garlic
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 can pizza sauce (14 oz)
Shredded Parmesan for garnish
Whole grain pasta








Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, pork sausage, onion, eggs, seasoning, garlic and mozzarella ( I also added a small handful of the shredded Parmesan for extra flavor)



Line a jelly roll baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray- This will prevent meat from sticking. Jelly roll is key so the grease doesn't drip everywhere.

Using your hands. Yes your hands! Mix together everything in your mixing bowl until all ingredients in the meat mixture are evenly distributed.

Roll your meatballs to about the size of a golf ball. I chose to make different sizes and all worked out well. Just don't roll them too small or else they will burn.




Meatballs should be about an inch apart.

Place the baking sheet in oven for about 16 min.

[ during the baking time I started the water for the pasta and prepped a simple green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. ]




Cook pasta for about 8-10 min. I advise you to make enough pasta for whoever you are feeding. No need for the whole box if you are serving a small crowd.


Truly if you are making angle hair... This is how it should be done! DO NOT break it :)


Once the meatballs are done, start a small skillet on the stove with a tad bit of olive oil. Place about 5-6 meatballs at once in the skillet. On low heat, turn the meatballs in the skillet until the top and bottom have a slight brown to them.






Drain pasta.

Heat up the pizza sauce before topping the meatballs.

Serve meatballs over pasta. Top each meatball with a spoonful of sauce. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and serve!





#myboyfriendrocksasmyphotographer 


Thats all! Simple, delicious and definitely a keeper for us :)

Hope your day is filled with laughter, love and a tummy full of pizza meatballs.



1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016