Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Entertainment with Emalie

Yes It's Wednesday! You are #halfway there!

Today I thought I would share a little bit about all the movies, shows and music I am into lately.

So grab a glass of wine, some popcorn, kick back and relax :)

To start off, Im going to share: Movies!

1. Secret life of pets. It was ADORABLE, but just not as funny as I thought. I loved the little girl dog with the squeaky voice and I loved how it was all about being you and finding your way. I give it a B+ and recommend it for a relaxing, cold winter nights in!



2. About two weeks ago as I was folding laundry and I put on the OG (original) Parent Trap! I had never seen it all the way through, and I thought it was the cutest! Such a classic, and the fashion in it.....OMG!!! It is definitely a great movie if you're in the mood for an oldie but goodie :) I also noticed SO many lines and phrases from the OG that were brought into the 90's version with Lindsay Lohan.




Next up Shows!

1. Pat and I recently started The Crown. I feel I am going to love the history and see how everything transpired for Queen Elizabeth. Crazy to think little Prince Charles is the little boy running around. I know it's a lot about politics but I am looking forward to it.




2. I have watched the Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life, wait for it.... 3 times. Yes 3. I find it cute, whimsical, adorable, and quite interesting to say the least! It is an easy watch so if you enjoyed Lorelei and Rory back in the day, I HIGHLY suggest watching :)



3. Fuller House. Yes we have watched all the Fuller House episodes. I love seeing the gang back together and seeing where they are "supposedly" at in their lives! I am OBSESSED with Max Fuller to say the least. He is adorable and funny! This Netflix OG is WAYYY more adultish than the original sitcom and I LOVE it!! I cannot wait until season 3!




Lastly Music. 
What would our lives be without sound? Now just a heads up, most of mine are going to be throwbacks. I grew up in a house where my mom and dad introduced my brothers and I to the BEST albums, music has ever seen. I also have been fortunate to attend many of THE best concerts.

1. This song is so dang CATCHY!! It is on a commercial these days  and I am obsessed. I listen to it at least once on my drive home from work.

Jeans On 
By: David Dundas



2. Oh country music, how I adore you! I love Little Big Town.  I find them classy, talented and their songs are so real. Their songs never quite go along with my life or where I am at or what is happening, but the lyrics MOVE ME! I have been loving this lately....

Better Man
By: Little Big Town




3. Billy Joel. I find myself from time to time OBSESSING over Billy. Now, when I look at him on the cover of The Stranger and himself today, I find myself wondering, hmm..... where's all the dark hair? ANYWAY! No matter hair or no hair I LOVE Billy Joel. I have seen him before at Wrigley Field and just a heads up he is coming AGAIN in August! What a lovely birthday gift that would be :) Hint.. Hint..

The Entertainer 

Summer, Highland Falls 

Everybody Loves you Now 

Scenes From an Italian Restaurant

These 4 are my go to lately. Lesson planning= Billy. Getting ready= Billy. Cleaning= Billy. HE IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!







Don't get me wrong though, throw on the any Billy Joel album or playlist and I will jam all day.


Today is short and sweet. This week is crazy as I have had to prepare sub plans for two days. It is stressful leaving my students for two days!!


Dig out your CD's or vinyls and listen to the soundtrack of your life.... These are a few of mine.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016