Monday, February 6, 2017

Weekend Recap- Superbowl Edition

Hello There!!! And hello Monday once again!

First off why do we have to work after the Superbowl??? Too much good food and good drink to have to come in to work today!

Alright so Thursday and Friday I was down at ISU with our varsity team for the IHSA State Competition.

On Thursday we drove down. We had a drumline sendoff and then we were on our way to ISU! 
We had some downtime once we got to the hotel and I was able to finish my first book of 2017!!! Winter Stroll was SOOOO good and I highly recommend it! I cannot wait to read more from Elin Hilderbrand.




We got dressed nice and headed to Biaggis! We had a great meal :) I got the 4 cheese ravioli and they were AMAZE!




We had an early morning so we headed back to the hotel to hit the hay!

On Friday, we woke up for a long day of competition! The girls had a great performance and I was so happy to be apart of all the state fun on Friday! We did not make it to day two, which for us meant staying up late, in our comfy clothes and going out to a casual dinner at Avantis! An ISU classic :) These girls were hilarious all weekend. Such a special time to spend together!

Saturday we went back to watch all the teams in our division compete for the state title. We cheered them on and then headed home.



Pat is a saint and picked me up from school. It was INSANELY cold this weekend, so have a chauffeur was quite nice :)

We got some dinner then called it an early night at home. We are obsessing over The Crown. SO GOOD!! 



I wasn't feeling good on Sunday so I laid low all morning. Pat had to work some water polo games before we headed to our friends for Superbowl.

We spent the big game with our close friends eating, drinking and playing squares! It was so relaxing and just what we needed!

I also dressed for comfort for the game :) My go to Park Lane Cross necklace and my Blardigan. 



(Squares is my go to game for the superbowl! We made ours 50 cents a square and everyone pitched in and signed up for squares. This will always remind me of Superbowl Sunday with my papa. He always used to come over back in the day and we would play squares and eat chili!) 




I made my famous brie boat, and there was an amazing selection of apps for us to enjoy!






To begin with.... OH MY LUKE BRYAN!!!! Hello um sir you are GORGEOUS!!! He was flawless. Amen.



Ok 2nd. Halftime : SPEECHLESS!!! HOW AMAZING!!! Gaga was truly awesome. Such a classy yet fun and entertaining show!!





THEN! THE ENDING!!! Oh my.... I so wanted the Falcons to win. Another title for Tom Brady? Really? Pretty cool though to witness history :)



ANYWAY! We stayed up past our bedtime, which is why my post is a little later today.

We are so going to bed early and by early I mean after The Bachelor :)

It's 47 today in Chicago!! CAN YOU SAW SHORTS?? lol. Have a great Monday :) See you back here tomorrow BRIGHT AND EARLY for Table Talk Tuesday!!!

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” -Dr. Seuss







No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016