Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Packing with only a Carry On

If you couldn't tell by the title of the post, all I have is "Spring Break on the brain" (Que the Rhianna melody)

Today I am talking about packing. Packing with JUST a carry on for your vacation. Sounds easy right?

Packing is NOT my thing. I always over pack. I tend to bring WAY more than I actually wear and  I never learn my lesson!

Currently happening at our house!! LOL PAT!!!

So I am here today to give you some tips that I have learned over the years to help you maximize your space and style while only bringing a carry on :) 

1. Always know the weather where you are headed. I thought about adding a pair of jeans to my pile
for Florida, and thought to myself, hmm... 80 degrees every day WHEN am I going to wear
these?



2. Keep a go-to liquids bag that you can take with you whenever you need. Don't dig into this bag
unless you are traveling. Keep your liquids filled and replenish when needed. 



3. Shoes? Are you hiking? Planning to work out? Wear your heaviest/ most bulky shoes on the plane. That way they don't over crowd your suitcase, yet you have them for the trip :)




4. Layout your outfits visually so you can see what you can interchange or re-wear. Camis? You need one. Don't pack 10. 




5. Undergarments can get tricky. Pack according to outift. If you have white pants one night make sure you have what you need for the color :) White/blush top? You will probably need a nude bra. Otherwise if you can't see it through your clothes, you only need your colored one.



6. Plan on working out? Pack light weight clothing. It is easy to roll up and easy to pack. Also a good cushion for items you do not want to move around. 



7. If you are wearing sandals all week, do you NEED 7 pairs of socks? 1 or 2 will do. Again plan more if you are working out daily. 



8. Roll up items that you don't care get wrinkly. Rolling saves more space in your luggage.



9. Don't want to travel with an iron? Invest in Downy Wrinkle Release!!! I SWEAR by this stuff and have gotten those in my life addicted to it as well. It is a LIFE SAVER when traveling! They sell it in travel size umm AMAZING! 



10. You do NOT need 4 pairs of flip flops. You just do NOT! Have one for the walks to the pool or beach. Then another nice pair if you want to wear them out to dinner or something fun. 
I tend to pack my neutral strappy sandals (black, gold, or silver) so which ever pair I decided to take along, I know ahead of time so I can wear them if I like with my outfits. 
I always bring ONE very nice and sassy pair. So this trip I am bringing my favorite wedges :)



11. Get yourself a quality carry on bag. I used to LUG (and when I say I, I mean Pat) my Vera Bradley duffel through airports. I quickly learned even though it held a TON, it was not the best bag to have when walking through an airport like O'hare ;) For my birthday this year I asked for a on-wheels carry on. I found the BEST one and I love it. I found mine at Costco and have not been disappointed. ANDDD it expands, just in case I pack too much! Mine was last season but HERE is another great one from Costco! 




12. Curling irons and Blow Dryers. UGHH this topic is a struggle. Because my hair air drys quick, I tend to never pack a blow dryer. If at a hotel, I almost never bring one. An Air B&B probably yes. BUT invest a small, travel size :)



I hope you find some tips to help you on your next trip :) Finishing this is sure making me want to be jetting off tomorrow! TWO more days left people! Happy Wednesday!


xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016