Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Legacybox

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!! You guys this week is kicking my butt!! So much going on and there aren't enough hours in a day! I have been waking up around 5 am and forcing myself back to sleep unitl 530, but sitting here I am thinking hmm... what if I just got up then? UGH! Struggling hard! #teacherlife

Here I am today talking about a FABULOUS company I stumbled upon last year through Kelle Hampton's Blog.

As you can see in my blog picture and everything I share, I LOVE and ADORE pictures :) I am all about memories and savoring them forever.

As a kid, my dad ALWAYS had his video camera out and visible. He has every moment on tape. Every first word, every first soccer game, every dance party, every trip home from the hospital with new babies. He recorded it ALL.

As the VHS phase slowly went away he was worried about how to preserve all the memories.

For YEARS we all tried to figure how to get this done for my dad; My dad who does everything for everyone else and who was RARELY in home videos.  We tried to do it ourselves #FAIL and then we tried software #FAIL once again.

When I was reading Kelle's blog one day she shared this company called Legacybox. You can send in VHS tapes, pictures, stills, film, ANYTHING. They will preserve it ALL for  you!

I obviously jumped on this and told my mom we HAD to do this for my dad. Now I have done my research and this type of project is NOT cheap. Costco does it and again pricey. BUT. After long thought we decided to go ahead with this and complete part of this project for my dad!

Few things.... We couldn't have been happier with the results, and we even ordered ANOTHER box to continue the project. Also this company runs UNREAL sales. I always get emails about 25% or 50% off. We jumped on the black Friday deal and got 75% off. Now my dad was VERY nervous to send all these memories away in the mail. Let me tell you this company does it right. As soon as they receive your box you get a confirmation directly from the company explaining that your materials are safe. I was SO nervous doing this the first time too. I absolutely trust them and would recommend them to anyone!

Last night my dad and I together spent time watching the DVD's they created for us from box 1 and put together box 2 to send in.

Here is how it all works :)

1. Save the box your Legacybox comes in! You will need it later to return.

2. Gather all the items you want to preserve/ transfer.

3. Make sure tapes of any sort are re-wound, so they transfer everything in order!

4. Use the stickers provided to label your tapes in the order you want them done!













5. Package your materials in the grey Legacybox.

6. Reuse the box your grey box came in.


7. Apply the new mailing label to the box.

8. Tape and secure.

9. Drop box at UPS or FEDEX.

10. Wait a few weeks.

11. Your materials returned to YOU with everything transferred :)















12. Grab some wine and popcorn and enjoy your DVD's


Little Em :)

Big brother and Little brother at home! (back in 94)

Erich's other mom caring for her new little brother again back in 94.



We had the BEST time watching these together. Ironically I had NEVER seen this tape. AND that was a shock to my dad and I. I am the queen of watching all the old films and for some reason never saw this one.
It was quite sweet :)

Legacybox

That's all for me today! I'm off to watch Pat coach!

Enjoy the sunshine.

xo



1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016