Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Table Talk Tuesday- Enchiladas

Well more snow here today... UGH! Come on March! 

Today I am sharing my new FAVORITE recipe!
This recipe is delicious, easy, and I could make it every night of the week.

I have a deep, deep love for Mexican food. All the queso, guac, chips and tacos. I could eat it every day.

I had been in the mood to make beef enchiladas, but the timing just never worked out. 
Last Thursday I took to the kitchen and let me tell you, this did NOT disappoint!

Here are My....
Beef Enchiladas 

What you will need:
1 lb. ground beef.
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 package Flour Tortillas (8-10 count)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can red enchilada sauce ( I bought a 28 oz can)
1 bag sharp cheddar cheese.
8x8 baking dish  




What you will do: 

1. Preheat over to 350.

2. Brown meat and onions on medium heat in your skillet.




3. Drain grease. Add 3 Tablespoons of enchilada sauce and simmer for 3-4 min. 

4. Add 1 cup shredded cheese to meat mixture. Mix until cheese is melted.




5. Combine 1 1/2 c of the enchilada sauce with your can of cream of mushroom. Mix well. 





6. Pour about 1 Tablespoon of the sauce mixture  on the bottom of your 8x8.

7. Take one tortilla at a time and fill with meat mixture. 



8. Fold sides in and places ends on the bottom of your 8x8.



9. Pour the remaining mixture on top of the filled tortillas. 


10. Sprinkle a HEFTY handful of cheese on top. 



11. Place baking dish in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.




Serve & Enjoy!

** Few things**
1st- this makes a TON. I would recommend a 9x13 or TWO 8x8. 
2nd you could always leave the cheese out and just add more sauce to your meat mixture and on top!



Pat is always my go to taste tester and he is SO torn whether this ranks number 1 or 2 in his book. I have made a TON of meals this winter and this by far is a KEEPER!



Super easy and the flavor of the enchilada sauce is to DIE for!

Make this tonight. Your leftovers for lunch with thank  you tomorrow :)

xo






No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016