Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Table Talk Tuesday- Tomato & Basil Chicken Pasta

MMMM!!!
I love me some Tuesday's!

Today I am sharing a healthy & light pasta dish!

Forever I have loved the Tasty videos.

I would share, re-pin and post all different videos!

So this Christmas my brother gave me a Tasty cookbook!

He was able to choose what types of recipes went in it, so that makes 
it super special!

I decided to try a pasta dish in there.

Of course I added my own twist to it :)

Tomato & Basil Chicken Pasta



What you will need:
1/2 package whole wheat angel hair pasta
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 chicken breasts, sliced
1 28 oz. can tomatoes in puree
1/2 cup basil, chopped
1 1/2 T. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 roma tomato, sliced
Olive Oil


What you will do:
1. Bring pot of water to a boil and add in angel hair pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
2. Coat sliced chicken breasts in olive oil, a little S&P. Set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet sauté onion and garlic for about 5-7 minutes or until onions are tender.
 4. Reserve onion & garlic mixture in a bowl.
5. In same skillet cook chicken slices until juices are clear.
6. Remove chicken.
7. When pasta is done, drain and add to skillet.
8. Add chicken and onion & garlic. Stir until evenly mixed.
9. Pour in can of tomatoes.
10. Sprinkle in basil, oregano and S&P. 
11. Top with sliced tomatoes.
12. Give your mixture a big stir and set on simmer for about 8-10 minutes. 
13. Serve in giant pasta bowls and ENJOY!





This was the perfect dish for a summer night!

XO




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016