Monday, January 30, 2017

Weekend recap- 3 day work week edition

Andddd we're back! Hello Monday. Yesterday I felt as if I need to accomplish a million things at ONCE!! The flew by once again but again in true balancing fashion I was able to handle it all! 
To sum it up.....


Friday 
I stayed after school because we had basketball games. I had two hours to get grading done and I have to say I was very successful! #win 

We then were having a pasta party for our varsity team because they had sectionals on Saturday. the IHSA state series is very competitive for any sport but EXTREMELY competitive for cheerleading. So we take preparing for sectionals very seriously :) 

I made my famous SMORES BARS and they were a hit! Basically they are s'mores in a dessert bar cookie form. AKA a desert that gives you summer all year round :)  Stay tuned this week as I will share the recipe with you! 

I was out of school by 7 so it wasn't a late night. Pat also had basketball games at his school so an early, relaxing  night at home was much needed! 

I made some homemade guacamole and we relaxed on the couch before heading to bed early. 





Saturday 
Morning came quick as I had to be up at 730 and on the road to Hampshire by 815. 

Picked up my favorite skinny caramel macchiato and banana bread from Starbucks and I was off!

We had a short drive to Belvedere for our competition. It was a short competition but felt like forever as we waited for results for our varsity team. The top 5 teams in each division go to state so it is quite stressful! The girls took 4th giving them a bid to state! We had an amazing fan section on Saturday that cheered us on to get our bid! 



Jill is our Head Coach/ Varsity and I am the JV :)


We will leave Thursday for the weekend event down at ISU! WOO alumni :) #rollbirds  aka meaning the 5 day week I thought I was going to have quickly turned into a short 3 day week. As great as this sounds and will be, it is WAY MORE STRESSFUL planning for a sub than actually creating weekly lesson plans. #teacherlife 

Me. It is WAY harder to plan when I need a sub 😬


We went to celebrate and eat as a team with our fans and I ate enjoyed myself then headed home. Pat and I stayed in and it was so nice. He had an early and long Sunday so we started the Netflix series The Crown and both like it. We have one episode down but I find the fashion and history fascinating. 

We dozed early at uhh 930 lol and it was delightful.



Sunday
Early bedtime meant I was wide awake at 740. Pat got up and headed to his water polo tournament and I fell back asleep until 830. 

I got up made breakfast, answered emails, and binge watched Grey's Anatomy and planned my day. I was on a mission to accomplish 1 million things. 

I did laundry, ran the dishwasher, set the crock pot for dinner and picked up the house before heading out. 

I then conquered Target, Mariano's for groceries, the cleaners, and Comcast. 

My mom is my go to fashion guru and I was in need of some purple clothes for state this weekend, so she  joined me for shopping. 

We conquered Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy and Marshalls. And oh boy did we hit EVERY LINE POSSIBLE. I had little patience and I just wanted to run errands and get in and out. 
This is no 56 degrees like last weekend!! #smh #Chicago 


The crockpot was ready when I got home. I shredded the pork and gave it a good mix. 

Pat and I had been talking recently about Brussel sprouts so I decided to roast some as a veggie side with the pulled pork sandwiches. 

Simple Picture- kind of forgot to snap as I cooked!!


The sprouts were to die for!! So simple and delicious that I had two servings! I will share that recipe on Talk talk Tuesday.

We spent the night preparing for another busy week. Laundry, lunches and prepping meals. 

We watched the Tom Brokaw special on NBC and enjoyed the simplicity of being home together after balancing a busy weekend. 

That's a wrap for me! Tomorrow is Table talk Tuesday! Don't forget to stop by for a simple go to meal :) 




"I can do all this through him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016