Friday, December 22, 2017

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Happy Friday YALL!!

We are officially on BREAK over here 
and we have LOTS to do 
before Santa arrives!

Today I am sharing hands down 
my favorite cookie recipe EVER.


Since I can remember my mom and I have 
been making these.

So the other day I went over to try and make them and I couldn't 
find the recipe she ALWAYS uses!
To the internet I went!
I found a few but this one stole the show.

Anything chocolate and peanut butter my family 
will eat so these are our GO TO 
Christmas Cookies!

Side note....these make a TON and of course I was in a hurry so I doubled 
the recipe....




Yes not the best idea when I realized the Yield was 80 and half
way done with the dough :)

To be honest though we got about 105 out of a "doubled recipe"
and it was just perfect!

Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 cup shortening 
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs 
1/4 cup milk 
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cupa flour 
2 teaspoons baking soda 
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar for rolling 
2 bags milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped 
Parchment Paper


1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper! 
( I found parchment worked better than my silpat)

2. In your large kitchen aid mixer bowl, cream together shortening, PB, brown sugar, and 1 cup white sugar until smooth.

3. Then add 1 egg at a time, until incorporated.
Mix in milk and vanilla.

4. In a separate mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
Gradually add dry ingredient mixture to PB mixture until fully 
combined. 

5. Shape about a tablespoon size of dough into a ball 
and roll in your second 1 cup of white sugar. Repeat until 
dough is all rolled.

6. Place cookies about an inch and a half apart. They will expand a little in 
the oven.

7. Bake in oven for about 11 minutes or until cookies 
have breaking lines on top.

8. Remove from oven and immediately put 
a kiss in the center of each.





ENJOY!

We find the best time to eat these cookies are when the chocolate is warm and 
just about melted :)


Hopefully you still have some time 
left to make these with loved ones!

I will be back a few days after Christmas 
and then a few days after the New Year!!
Peace & Blessings.

XO



2 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe! I can’t wait to make!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016