Thursday, November 2, 2017

Slow- Cooker Jambalaya

It's November.
Hey there!

Today I am sharing a fabulous slow-cooker meal 
that I tried this weekend.

I am all about the slow-cooker.
No matter what season it is 
there is no excuse 
to not use it!

So a friend shared a Jambalaya 
recipe with me and I knew I had to try it!
Pat and I have been dating for 3  years.
AND for 3 years he has asked me
to make Jambalaya.

Finally this recipe was calling my name.
I altered the original to fit our day on Sunday.

Slow- Cooker Jambalaya 
1/2 lb. Polish Sausage, sliced & quartered
3 chicken breasts, diced
3 Bell Peppers ( 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow), diced
1 onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds and stems removed, diced
1 30 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 Tablespoon garlic 
1/2 can chicken broth (7-8 oz)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning 
1/2 lb. cooked, no tails and deveined Shrimp
(we get ours frozen from Costco)
1 1/2- 2 cups minute white rice


1. Line your slow cooker with a cooking bag for easy clean up.
2. Combine sausage, chicken, peppers,onion, jalapeno, crushed tomatoes,
garlic, broth, s &p and Cajun seasoning in your slow cooker. 
3. Set for 4 hours on high. 
4. Add the shrimp during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
5. While your Jambalaya is finishing with the shrimp, prepare white rice
according to package. 
6. Serve Jambalaya over rice.

ENJOY!



I added very little Cajun due to my lack of love for spice, but I even think you need
some flavor in Jambalaya so add according to your taste buds :)

This made a TON but Pat asked for leftovers so it was perfect.

Perfect for a cold fall/winter night!

XO


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016