Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Fiesta Bowls

WOO HOO!!
Mid week!
Short weeks always fly by 
but they sure throw off my schedule.

I keep thinking it is Tuesday but nope it is Wednesday :) 

Today I am sharing my Fiesta Bowl Recipe.

I created this recipe off of something I tried 
but of course because I am picky I created 
a new one to my liking.

When I first served the Fiesta bowls,
I served them in a big bowl with a sprinkle of cheese.

BUT  THEN!
We recently discovered mini tortillas.

YES MINI!!!
I am obsessed with them and want to include them in all of 
our meals, they are THAT cute.

So this recipe turned out to be very versatile in the ways that 
you can serve it :)

What you will Need:
1 lb. ground turkey
S&P
I package taco seasoning 
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained 
1 tsp. paprika 
Dash of Chili Powder

OPTIONAL
Tortilla chips & Mini Tortillas 
Guacamole 


What you will Do:
1. Brown the ground turkey. Sprinkle a little S&P for flavor.
2. About halfway through the browning process, add the taco seasoning. 
Follow the directions on the packet to see how much water you need to use.
3. Turn heat on medium-high and allow for the water to evaporate.
4. Meanwhile, chop onion and drain the corn and black beans.
5. When the meat is done add the onion, tomatoes, corn and beans to the mixture.
6. Give the mixture a big stir and add paprika and chili powder.
7. Simmer on low until ready to eat.
8. Serve and Enjoy!

Like I said I love the mini tortillas. 
One night I did a Chipotle style bowl and the next I did mini tacos.

Yum!!



This was on repeat all week in our house :)

ENJOY.

XO.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright 2016